[geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 11 22:41:57 CDT 2004

> From: Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
> Date: 2004/07/12 Mon AM 03:30:58 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...
>
> On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 10:27 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> >> From: Mike Hebel <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
> >> Date: 2004/07/12 Mon AM 02:52:08 GMT
> >> To: The List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >> Subject: [geeks] My tinfoil hat just bounced some rays...
> >>
> >> http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/11/election.day.delay/
> >> index.html

> > What is the problem? Decide if postponing the election *is possible*
> > is nothing more than planning for all contingencies... God forbid
> > something *does* happen, do we want another Al Haig "I'm in control,
> > here" moment?
>
> With all due respect - do you really think they would even put this
> idea out there if they hadn't already planned something?

Well, I maybe more trusting than you, and that's OK - but honestly, your suggestion is they wouldn't talk about planning for this if they hadn't already planned for this???

> Election Day:  Oops!  Those nasty terrorists blew up $monument!  We
> need to postpone the election!

Well, I'd think it would be more like "Oops! The election infrastructure in a battleground state is out of comission, we can't get election results from $STATE" - what should happen then?

> Repeat for every election day thereafter.

Yeah, that would fly - for ever ;^) Eventually we'd run out of monuments...

> I don't think my tinfoil hat here is unwarranted.

OK