[geeks] CCW

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jul 8 08:43:35 CDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:24:38 -0400
The Renaissance Man wrote:

> ll of these vary on a state-by-state (and even jurisdiction by
> jurisdiction) basis.  For example, California is technically an
> open-carry state with CCW permits available; however, throughout most
> of the Greater LA or SF Bay urban areas, your chances of actually
> getting a permit are close to nil unless you're politically connected,
> and in those areas lawfully carrying openly will get you arrested for
> "brandishing".

That's the case here in OH as well.  Open carry is allowed by state law,
but localities have been known to arrest people for "inciting panic"
when they actually do.

--
Kurt                 "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a
kurt at k-huhn.com       somewhat calm and objective judgement in all