[geeks] Apples service getting worth?

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Wed Jan 28 22:45:25 CST 2004

Not me, my 15" Al PB is going in to get it's screen replaced on Friday.
Since I am in Canada, I am taking it to a local store that sells and
services (only) apple products.

They said it will be 3hrs to swap the screen (the famous white spots
problem that was traced back to sticky tape holding the screen in
place). They said they have a couple of screens in stock, and if the
first one isn't perfect, they will use another one. They even said I
could stay and watch (and take pictures).

The same place fixed my PM G4 and other than the fact that originally
they diagnosed it as a dead power supply, and it was in fact the CPU
card (I may have caused that, I said I smelled stuff from the PS), the
overall experience was great.

shawn