[geeks] Filling a gap for the Sidekick...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 28 00:40:10 CST 2004

Eric Dittman wrote:

> I have an old Agenda VR3.  That was a good try, but the thing eats batteries
> like there's no tomorrow.

A good rule of thumb is that the display backlight uses as much electricity
as the rest of the electronics except for "wireless".

The WiFi "dongle" we are experimenting with draws 300ma
(standby/receiving) to 400ma (transmiting) at 5 volts, about as much as
an entire VR3.

If the company that owns the rights to the VR3 were ever going to produce
anything except flashy announcments, it would need a more modern battery.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: geoffrey_mendelson at hotmail.com (Not for email)