[geeks] This Litle Green Monster...

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Jan 26 15:13:24 CST 2004

POV Ray was (and still is, in a way) a pretty cool app.  A lot of
power and flexibility as long as you had the patience, and it would
run on the barest of minimums.  I was actually introduced to linux by
way of another command line renderer, Radiance, a true radiosity
renderer back in '94 or so.  At the time, Radiance would only run
under *nix and i wanted it bad enough to dig into linux.

I could be wrong, but i think *.FLI were the really bad ones.
320x200 with a 256 colour palette for the entire animation.  FLC's
were still limited to 256 colours but could be of higher resolutions.
I remember doing at least 1024x768 with one.

I do remember reading that 3DS's origin was with Cyber Tools or Cyber
Sculpt or something on the Atari ST, but i never got to see it.  It
would be interesting to see it in action.

/KRM

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/