[geeks] my dog is gone 8-(

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Fri Jan 23 18:11:16 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:47:45AM -0600, Mike Ekholm wrote:
> http://www.avidid.com/index.html
>
> Vets and humane societies these days have readers that can read a little
> microchip that can be placed under the skin of your pet.  The tag that
> can never get lost.

These have been compulsory in Australia for many years now, and have had
a significant impact on missing dogs.

Exactly how well they would work if they didn't have critical mass I don't
know (would the vet/pound think to check for one?), but they are cheap,
painless, and defintiely worth looking into.

  Scott