[geeks] Palm touch screen

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jan 21 15:33:42 CST 2004

The touch screen on my Samsung I300 Palm/phone is dying.

Sometimes the device recognizes that the correct position of the
stylus, other times it puts the cursor an inch or so below the actual
position of the stylus.  When it starts doing this, i pull the
battery, wait a minute or so and then it works OK again.  Of course
i've tried re-calibrating the device and what not, with no success.

I'm fairly certain that this is not a repairable situation, but i am
still curious as to what actually causes these types of failures.  If
anyone has any clues, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks
/KRM