[geeks] Garageband w/guitar

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 20 19:36:43 CST 2004

Went to radio shack, got a 1/8" headphone extension cord and a 1/4" mono to
1/8" stereo plug adapter.

Got home, plugged my guitar cable into the mac.

Fired up GarageBand, hit "New Track", "Real Instrument", "Guitar" and then
picked an emulated amp sound.

Woah.  Color me REAL FUCKING IMPRESSED.  It sounds *good*, almost better
than my Marshall amp.

The bad side of this is after listening to myself play (recorded it, looped
it, recorded another track playing over myself) I realize how truly out of
practice I am.. 8-(  Before I got into computers full-time, I played EVERY
NIGHT for at least thirty minutes.

Currently, I SUCK.  8-(

Bill

--