[geeks] GarageBand test

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jan 19 20:46:59 CST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> That's what I did.  Guitar into the line-input, then turn the volume up
> slowly.   Might not be advised, but it worked for me.

I drove a DBX 160A compressor directly from my bass guitar. This works
because the compressor can take +27dB inputs and has a FET front end so it
doesn't load the guitar pickups down. Pretty snazzy, but didn't catch the
fast, high transients (pop, slap).

Weird little DI box :)

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'