[geeks] Job offer to check out

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Jan 11 22:52:59 CST 2004

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 @ 22:09 -0600, Bill Bradford said:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 03:13:35AM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > I think Bill is trying to say (forgive me if I'm wrong) that if it looks
> > like a good job, somebody may snag it out from under you.  From what I've
> > seen on this list, there seems to be a lot of competition in the IT world,
> > not to mention the reprecussions if someone has nothing nice to say about
> > the company.  (Thank goodness I'm a teacher.....nobody wants to do my job!)
>
> Also, I have no desire to have someone slag a company on one of the lists
> that I run, and then that company turn around and sue *me* for defamation or
> slander, since I was the "message carrier".

I understand your POV, however, it's pretty sad when you can't talk
openly on a public medium.

Any company getting slagged in public should spend their resources
figuring out why, not trying to silence criticism.

Most of the time when I see a company catching hell, they did something
to deserve it.

Of course, I don't want you to get sued either, just noting that it
sucks we have come to this point.