[geeks] Good low-end AMD 64bit system?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Dec 27 22:31:17 CST 2004

Bill Bradford wrote:

>I'm going to possibly build a low-end 64-bit AMD system in the next
>couple of weeks.  The only real experience I've had with building 'semi-recent'
>x86 hardware in the past 2-3 years is my VIA EPIA C3-based mini-ITX stuff;
>I've not touched any of the AMD offerings since the Athlon Thunderbird.
>
>Suggestions on chips, motherboards, etc?  I'll go with a GeForce FX 5x00
>series AGP video card...

If i were you, i would not consider getting anything other than a nvidia
NForce4 chipset, which will mean that you'll need a pci express video
card, not agp.  Josh Snyder (who is on the rescue list, but not geeks
and is cc'ed on this message) could tell you all the details about what
boards to get.

    -Dan Sikorski