[geeks] Asterisk PBX

Ido Dubrawsky idubraws at dubrawsky.org
Tue Dec 7 16:15:35 CST 2004

Ok...so I've decided to start playing around with Asterisk to setup a PBX at
the house.  What I want to do is use a second POTS line I have to the house
and terminate that as the primary line to the PBX (inbound and outbound).  I've
looked at the asterisk website as well as the Digium website but I'm not sure
as to what hardware I need.  I've got a standard x86 PC but do I need both
the FXO and the FSO card for the Digium TDM400P card?  Also, I want to setup
IP telephone on the "inside" of the house and for the Asterisk to be the
IP-telephony to Analog gateway...can it do that?  How hard is Asterisk to set
up?

Ido
Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP           		E-mail:          ido at dubrawsky.org
Network Security Architect