[geeks] Displaying DV video from FireWire

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Mon Dec 6 21:04:59 CST 2004

I have this movie I have to edit and color correct in january. All the
footage we shot is 16:9 recorded on my DVCam.

Here is the problem. When using the output of the camera on my sony
video monitor it will display the picture stretched. And the monitor is
not new enough to have a 16:9 button.

I could correct this by having final cut pro squinch the image together
but that would mean I am outputting a 4:3 project. We want to transfer
the movie to 35mm so it needs to stay in 16:9 format.

So here's my question: Is there some software that I could just use
firewire to display the video preview of Final Cut on my powerbook. I
will be editing the video on my desktop.

Anybody ever ran into a similar issue?

Thanks,
              Thomas