[geeks] virtual desktops and .xinitrc

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Sun Dec 5 21:39:58 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 10:13:59PM -0500, DAVID CUMMINGS wrote:
> Hey all,
>     I've been stuck with this for a while now, figured I'd try the list. Is there any way to specify desktops when starting apps in .xinitrc? xprop gives me all the info i need, geometries and which desktop it's on, but this looks like lisp, and I haven't got a clue how to pass that to my WM. Any clues/links would be greatly appreciated
> -Dave

Pretty sure it depends on which window manager you are using.

If you are lucky, the geometry simply "expands" to the size of all the
desktops added together, i.e, for 1152x900 , you could specify a value
of 1825 to have the app appear on the second desktop.

Which window manager are you using ?

--Patrick