[geeks] SAN opinions

Stefan Molnar stefan at csudsu.com
Thu Dec 2 11:08:17 CST 2004

I have setup a few SANs at my company using off the shelf MSA1000 from HP.
Cheep was one factor on our design.  We could us the same pool of spare
U320 disks for the servers and arrays.  Basic failover (A-P only on the
MSA1000) and we can add disk shelves.   They use rebadged brocade switches
on the back end.

Stefan