[geeks] Digital VAXstation 3100

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 31 18:49:11 CDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Anyway, is it worth rescuing?  I've only used the larger VAXen before.

It's slow (about half the speed of a VAXstation 4000/VLC), but, yes,
worth rescuing, as it's a good VMS learning box.  It's also as useful
now as it was when it was bought.  So long as you don't need to run gobs
and gobs of Java stuff or other bloated junk, it'll run well-engineered
code nicely.

How is it configured?

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of