[geeks] Awesome SS/20 on ebay...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 30 12:16:51 CDT 2004

> From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
> Date: 2004/08/30 Mon PM 02:22:55 GMT
> To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Awesome SS/20 on ebay...
>
>" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
>"
>" Do SS/20s have any *real* market value? I've helpd on to one
> for posterity (even has dual 8 Meg VSIMMs w/ secondary video
> card ;^), but has it slipped into the realm of the nearly
> worthless?
>"
>" Just curious, I'm starting to reconsider my marginal museum
> in the basement...
>
> speaking as someone who's still limping along with a ss2...
>[the u1 is a-building, slowly]

What are you missing? Contact me off-list, I have lots of little U1 bits in need of a home...

>not much mkt val but still plenty usable.

Certainly, but little to no market value I fear...

I started thinking about my SS/20 when I saw an ad for $79 Ross 150 MHz CPUs (new in box, including 2.25R PROM) It first seemed cheap (compared with recent prices), but then expensive (compared with Ultra 1/2-era hardware prices)...