[geeks] debugging house phones

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 24 17:06:40 CDT 2004

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 @ 15:35 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:42:30PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I am trying to debug someone's house phones.
>
> On the bottom of each phone is a "bel equivalence" number.  My guess
> is that the number of bels is greater than what is supported, usually
> 5 bels are supported for each line.

I assume that's the same as ringer equivalence.  I don't think that's a
problem.  There are only three phones.

One of them is 0.7.  The wireless phone has no rating on it, and the
other POTS phone doesn't either, though there is a REL: 1.0B on the
back.

Also, this problem occurs even with only a single phone hooked up.

I wish I had some test equipment.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.