[geeks] Big klunky thing (Scientific Atlanta Analyzer)

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Tue Aug 24 13:40:35 CDT 2004

I just purchased at an .gov liquidation sale a big black unit. It is
actually 2 19" very rugged flightcases.
Both belong together.

One has a 17" Mitsubishi rack mount monitor and then there are 3 rack
devices. One has an oscilloscope built in. It seems like to be a
spectrum/spectral analyzer. Big, heavy and made to be used in rough
conditions.

Made by Scientific Atlanta Government Products Division it is called
GPD550A.
Googling didn't really help anything.

Anybody know what this could be. I am guessing towards spectral
analyzer. It shows some nice patterns when I switch it to test and on
the right half of the monitor it creates an image of some sort.

Also it has a trackball mouse and an MO drive.

-- Thomas