[geeks] Apple Motion videohungry?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 21 22:33:12 CDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 10:14:15PM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> My recall is that an Epiphone Les Paul costs about the same as an
> american made strat.

Nope, Kurt has an Epiphone Special II, in Wine Red with all-black
hardware.  I sold it to him after Amy got me the LP Studio:

http://www.mrbill.net/guitar/sold/lespaulspecial2/

They run $199 on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002CZUVA

The solid black one is $149:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002CZUUG

Or, you can get the Jr. Special (one pickup, the Epi version
of the LP Junior) for $89:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002F6IUE

I had one (bought for $99 from Guitar Center, after I got rid
of the OLP MM1, and before I got the Special II) for a couple
of months, then sold it after I got the Special II:

http://www.mrbill.net/guitar/sold/lespauljrspecial/

I paid $240 for mine, because you couldn't buy them off Amazon back
in March (and I don't like the idea of mail-ordering a guitar).
I special-ordered it through Heart of Texas Music here in Austin.

On any of the Epiphone Jr/Special II guitars, the only thing I'd
change about them would be to have good replacement tuners put
in, then have a proper setup job done.  The gear ratio on the
generic tuners wasn't fine enough for my liking, and they tended
to be a bit "slack" at times.

> I've heard that some people prefer Ephiphone Les Pauls.  I've never had
> the chance to play one.

I had an Epiphone LP Standard Plus (sunburst) for a few days after
I got the LP Studio.  I'd bought it as a "beater" guitar, to save
wear and tear on the Gibson - but I took it back for a refund,
because the difference in build quality, sound, and feel was VERY
evident.

Bill

--
bill bradford