[geeks] Creator 3D graphics on a Sony 400PS

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Aug 10 09:13:02 CDT 2004

-------------- Original message from Charles Shannon Hendrix : --------------

> Sat, 07 Aug 2004 @ 23:08 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
>
> > I'm using a BNC monitor right now (a Hyundai, IIRC). I used a a cable with
> > a split to four BNC connectors but I don't use the "sync" BNC. It works
> > for me. I don't know if there is any difference between the four BNC
> > and the three BNC cable, I just happen to have that one. Hope this
> > helps....
>
> There are two BNC sync, horizontal and vertical, on my Sony 400PS.
>
> You mean you don't use any sync at all when hooking up your Sun's video?
>
> I thought Sun video had to have sync to operate?
>
> In any case, that doesn't seem to work for me either.
You're right.  That's what I get for typing without looking (slaps self in forehead)
I am using on of the sync inputs (forgot which one).  I thought I just had it
hanging on the connector (I did that for another machine). The only thing I
can't get it to work for is my Silicon Graphics, and that's probably because
I haven't put in enough time to find the "magic combination" of cables, adapters,
etc....