[geeks] Sun Ultra 1

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Aug 9 21:08:45 CDT 2004

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 @ 21:12 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> If I understand what you are suggesting, I think it won't work.
> NetBSD/sparc64 won't run 32bit executables if I understand correctly.
> This also is a large bummer about that port.

No, it runs 32-bit execs just fine.

That's how I got some things up and running on it until overnight builds
finished.

> > I've also considered running Solaris on it, but it's just so much easier
> > to build and maintain software on NetBSD.
>
> I generally find Solaris about as easy, as long as I'm using GCC rather
> than Sun CC.

As easy as:

    cd /usr/pkgsrc/<program>
    make install

on Solaris?

That's what I was talking about.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall