[geeks] Good online Apple dealers?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Aug 9 14:26:06 CDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, mrl wrote:

> A PowerBook can have the screenspace on the laptop + an external screen,
> but an iBook can have the screenspace of an external screen, laptop
> screen, or the external can mirror the laptop?

A PowerBook can use the VGA or DVI output as either a mirror of what's
on the LCD or as an extension of the desktop.  The iBook does not have
this option; it's always a mirror of the LCD.  So, on my PowerBook, I
can have three displays (built-in, VGA, S-Video) all without adding any
hardware other than the output devices themselves.

--
Jonathan Patschke )"We're Germans and we use Unix.  That's a combination
Elgin, TX        (  of two demographic groups known to have no sense of