[geeks] The Mini-ITX box is done!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Aug 5 08:53:24 CDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:48:07AM +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Are you sure it is really a 1 GHz CPU, or is it a "feels like 1 GHz"
> CPU? Cyrix Started the "feels like" CPU speed raings (IIRC), and there
> is no reason to think it stopped when they sold the company...

Or more to the point, "We claim it feels like X MHz".

I mentioned we had a Cyrix box ....  first it had a, um .... 5x86?
processor that claimed PR233 but actually ran at 166MHz, and performed
and felt like a 486 running maybe 133MHz.  Then we upgraded it to a
Cyrix MII that was rated PR300 but actually ran at 233MHz, and, oddly
enough, performed and "felt" about like a Pentium or AMD K6 running, oh,
200MHz or so.

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net