[geeks] The Mini-ITX box is done!

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Wed Aug 4 10:43:06 CDT 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 10:18, Bill Bradford wrote:

> The problem is that the CPU is a Pentium-class, but identifies itself
> as
> CyrixInside or somesuch.  I'm sure there's a workaround, but I wasn't
> up to
> finding it last night after a long day at work and then an hour
> building
> the system. :)

Urgh. I don't have a linux box handy to give you the specifics, but
there's a kernel config setting for that CPU type.

The easiest thing to do is pull the drive, put it in another box to
install, check the right CPU type in the config, build your kernel, and
put the drive back in your tinypc.

Yes, it sucks. The alternative is to custom build an install cd that
boots that appropriate kernel, then installs with it.

I wish you success.

---sambo