[geeks] The Mini-ITX box is done!

David L Kindred (Dave) d.kindred at telesciences.com
Wed Aug 4 07:25:57 CDT 2004

    Bill> Unfortunately, RHEL 3 won't install because it thinks the C3
    Bill> is a 486, so I'm going to try a couple of other distributions
    Bill> of Linux as well as NetBSD before I settle on something.

That's a bummer.  I've never tried Linux with anything but "Genuine
Intel".  I would guess the "big" distros (Fedora, Suse, et. al.) would
be more likely to have maximum compatibility, but if all you're building
is a simple server (especially if you don't want X), I've had good luck
with the Trustix distribution.  But they are a bit CPU fussy (one of the
first I saw to be "Pentium Only"), so that might not work at all for
you.

Somebody somewhere must have a distro that will run well on that
hardware.

--
David L. Kindred
Unix Systems & Network Administrator