[geeks] Cheap multiport PCI 10/100 ethernet cards?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 12:35:41 CDT 2004

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at caerllewys.net>
> Date: 2004/08/02 Mon PM 05:29:57 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: Re: [geeks] Cheap multiport PCI 10/100 ethernet cards?

> My motherboard has FIVE (count'em, FIVE!!!) USB2.0 controllers.  (Oddly
> enough, of two greatly different revs of the same chip -- two are
> Rev.23, the rest Rev.50.)  What the hell am I supposed to do with five
> USB channels?

Well, there's keyboard/mouse, then there's your USB printer, scanner, CD-burner, External USB hard drive, Palm Pilot, USB memory dongle, USB wireless adapter, Joystick, USB speakers, USB webcam, your digital and video cameras, and of course, your USB massage ball:

http://www.everythingusb.com/hardware/index/USB_Massage_Ball.htm

Are you sure 5 is enough? ;^)