[geeks] Cheap multiport PCI 10/100 ethernet cards?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Aug 2 12:29:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:17:11AM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:

> > > Two buses are pretty much standard now.
> >
> > That's why I didn't say non-functional, or even "bad," just not *great*...
>
> That wasn't the problem.  It was the part about sharing one controller.
> They DON'T usually share one controller.  Most boards now come with
> two USB controllers.

Or more.

My motherboard has FIVE (count'em, FIVE!!!) USB2.0 controllers.  (Oddly
enough, of two greatly different revs of the same chip -- two are
Rev.23, the rest Rev.50.)  What the hell am I supposed to do with five
USB channels?

--
  ========== Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk. ==========
  alaric at caerllewys.net : phil-stracchino at earthlink.net : phil at novylen.net