[geeks] CD oxidation

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Aug 1 16:51:21 CDT 2004

I don't put original audio CDs in my truck - I burn my own from iTunes, and
listen to those (so nobody will break in for my music).

I've been using Maxell 52x CD-R blanks.  They're silver.

While in the truck today, I noticed that the top CD in the small stack in
the truck, the one exposed to the sun, has turned a most definite gold color,
instead of silver.

I'm going to leave it up on the dash for the next few days to see if it gets
any darker. :)  (if it doesn't melt, that is..)

Bill

--
bill bradford
austin texas