[geeks] Cheap console server?

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Fri Apr 30 19:08:22 CDT 2004

I'm looking for a fairly small console server for my basement/computer
room. The current setup is an Ultra2 and an Ultra60. I do plan on adding one or
two more things at some point, but, not much beyond that.

I'd like a console server so I don't have to go downstairs every time I
need to get a console on there. What are some reccomendations for
something economically priced (<$100US) that isn't total crap?

I'm considering the Bay Networks Micro Annex XL and the Digi PortServer,
but haven't done much looking beyond that yet.

Thanks

Jeff