[geeks] Verisign trying to help?

Thomas Gallaway rescue at port11.net
Tue Sep 16 10:34:31 CDT 2003

I just noticed that verisign put up a wildcard so all wrong domain
names will go to sitefinder.verisign.com .
This just sucks. I somehow got the feeling that some sites now can not
be found even they exist. I have the problem with the website
iwin.nws.noaa.gov but well. It also does this for vhosts. If for
example assnut.microsoft.com is not found it pop's up the little helper
screen. Not to mention that they collect information on that. I
personally think this sucks. Any other comments on that?