[geeks] IPF

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 11 07:23:15 CDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 02:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> I have another, related question.  My firewall unfortunately has a
> dynamic IP address right now.  How do I tell ipf (in ipf.rules) to
> allow access to the outside from that IP address without allowing
> access for the entire IP block, which may contain people who wouldn't
> mind waltzing around my system messing with stuff?  Does something
> like the following work?
>
> pass	out	quick	on	ppp0	from	0/32	to	any

Very close; the following should do what you need it to do:

pass out quick on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from any to any keep state

To allow for your incoming connections, you might add rules such as:

pass in quick on ppp0 proto tcp/udp from any to 10.0.69.5 \
        port = 23 flags S/SA keep state

- Mike