[geeks] PDA's

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Sun Sep 7 00:53:17 CDT 2003

For the first time, I've decided I need a machine smaller than a laptop,
for mobile internet usage.  I think I've decided on a NEC MobilePro 770,
780, or 790.  Now, I have a few questions.

First, what exactly is the difference between the 780 and the 790?  I know
the 770 is slower than the 780/790, but I can't tell the difference
between the 780 and the 790.

Second, does it support Microdrives in the CF-II slot?  I might get one of
the new 4-giggers if I can come up with that much money.  How about a
2.2GB solid-state CF-II card?

Third, is the 131MHz NEC/MIPS VR4121 in the 770 fast enough to play MP3
and FLAC?  How about the 168MHz VR4121 in the 780 and 790?  Has anyone
tried getting xmms working on a palmtop?

Thanks.

Peace...  Sridhar