[geeks] Need help choosing a G4 system

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Sep 5 12:21:45 CDT 2003

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 08:08 PM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> 1. New 1GHz G4, 256MB, 60GB, combo-drive, Nvidia Geforce 4MX/64MB.
> $1265
>
> 2. New 1.25GHz G4, 256MB, 80GB, combo-drive, ATI Radeon 9000/64MB.
> $1476
>
> 3. Refurbished 1.25GHz dual G4, 256MB, 80GB, combo-drive, ATI Radeon
> 9000/64MB. $1647

*sigh*

Too late for Gavin's purposes, but I'd go dual as well.

I'd also recommend Applecare.  Generally, I don't advocate extended
warranties, but if you happen to get a "lemon" Applecare can make
your life a lot easier.  People with Applecare generally are able
to get escalations more easily as well, from what I can tell on the
Mac boards.

YMMV.

=Nadine=