[geeks] Can I trust OS X 10.2.8 update???

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 14:52:45 CST 2003

--- Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:34:27 -0800 (PST)
> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
> > My Ti PowerBook locked up when 10.2.8 update installed earlier this
> > month, and since I reinstalled the OS (fix permissions didn't take!
> > I tried it 5 times!), Software Update wants to put 10.2.8 on my
> > system *again* - is this the same piece of crap upgrade from
> > before, or have the problems been corrected?
>
> It is different, but I don't how different.  I'd not do it until you
> can go to 10.3.

Well, I'm thinking about upgrading to 10.3 (I plan on going to the
local Apple Store on Sunday to fondle (I mean "evaluate") the new
iBooks and see what the new OS X has to offer *me* and the way I use my
PowerBook...

I was planning to go to the local Apple store and make it their problem
when I couldn't recover the system after installing the OS (i.e. have
them explain how to recover my system and show me how).

I may take the earlier advice and download then apply the fix, not sure
at this point...

Thanks!

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall