[geeks] new toys.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 09:17:11 CST 2003

--- Benjamin Gardiner <cvisors at carnagevisors.net> wrote:
> Wow received my new iBook today a 1GHz 14 Inch iBook. Cool this is my

> first new machine since a 500MHz Celeron I bought a number of years
> ago (though I have got heaps of older computers in that time period)
>
> The only thing that bothered me about the iBook line, was that they
> only had the ability to do vidio mirroring, ie same image on the
> laptop lcd and on the external monitor.  But I found a nice open
> firmware hack to enable video spanning, so giving me a nice dual
> monitor setup...

COOL - I may gift my Ti PowerBook to my wife and get a new G4 iBook for
Xmas - I too like the dual monitor setup the PowerBook supports, and
now that I know the iBook can do it...

> All in all even though I have only had it for about 10 hours now, I
> love this new machine.

I felt that way about my Ti PowerBook when I got it (nearly) 2 years
ago, and it cost 2x as much, and has half the processor of your iBook
($2500 and 550 MHz CPU, IIRC)...

Enjoy!

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall