[geeks] On Sun Hardware

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 11 15:08:21 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Scott Howard wrote:

> > The fact that such a thing even needs to be said speaks volumes for the
> > quality of hardware that Sun makes (or, in the case of the A1000,
> > resells).
>
> All software has bugs. As much as we would like to think otherwise, it's
> a fact of life that such bugs will exist.

Uh, I wasn't complaining.  "Make sure you reboot every couple of years"
versus the "once a week/day" recommendations from the PC world really
leaves no comparison.

However, I still like the bug report on how VMS didn't properly display
uptimes in excess of 9 years, 364 days.  BTW, that's not an urban
legend, is it?

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire