[geeks] Halloween

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Nov 11 10:39:52 CST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> Last time I had a birthday, my sons decided to put candles on the cake, one
> for each year.  When it was lit, the smoke detectors in the neighbors
> houses went off!  (Didn't really happen, but sounded funny.)

When I turned 25 (6 and a half years ago), we did my birthday at Chi-Chi's.
The cake design was such that my wife felt she had to put the candles in
a 2"x2" square where it didn't conflict with the elaborate design on
the cake.

Twenty five candles.

When lit, it was like a torch.  The waitress carrying it out carried it
with her arms at full extension, almost cringing while she carried it
and sang Happy Birthday =)

The flames were almost a foot high =)

That's one of my favorite birthday memories...

--Kurt