[geeks] Swords (forge)

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Nov 10 09:42:27 CST 2003

Gas is about 20x easier to work with but there is a certain something about the smell of a coal
forge that takes me back.  I will probably go the easy and sensible route in the end and stick with
gas.  Much less worries about keeping impurities out of the steel, cheaper to deal with a hell of a
lot easier.  Probably will not be able to afford a sword size forge at first though.  I'll start
with tantos and work my way up.

Don't know if you already have it or not, but i bought this book about 14 years ago and have loved
it ever since.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0873644301/102-1209102-6245715?v=glance

/KRM

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:41:00 -0600
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Kevin wrote:
>
> > Are you going gas or coal?
>
> I don't know yet.  Probably gas, because it's easier to lug around a can
> of PPG than coal.  But I don't think I'm to that point, yet.  I still
> need to read up and take a good luck at what I'm getting myself into,
> since I have a hard time maintaining attention on nifty projects.
>
> > Good uck with your project,
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
> Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire

"Microsoft is fighting these initiatives (OSS in government) like a cornered badger on
amphetamines."

keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/