[geeks] Stupidity abounds.... you thought you hated cell phone users...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Wed Nov 5 22:45:51 CST 2003

> I ask these questions... and I've seen these bathrooms...
>
> 1. Would you really want to use the phone after retrieving it?
> 2. Why would anyone in their right mind stick their arm there...? (YUCK)
> 3. Why didn't Metro North charge the man for the destruction of the
> toilet... I would have.... stupidity should be painful, humiliating,
> and costly... These train cars last 20-25 years with minimal parts
> change....like REAL computers... I think he had more damage done to the
> trains than was done to him.
If it hit the chemical tank, it probably would not have had an odor after
being cleaned.  I know of a case where a 2 meter HT went into a Port-o-John
tank, was retrieved by the antenna (only part not submerged) and immediately
washed off (and out) and dried.  Not only does it still work, there is NO
odor to it.  As far as #2 and #3 in your question list....depends on how
much you want it back and I think they should be responsible for repairs.