[geeks] So I was flipping though this week's computerworld...

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Nov 4 08:17:42 CST 2003

I picked this one up a few weeks back.  It's not just brimming over with info but it does present
the info that it does have from a different view.  The storing of exploit code within an HP
printer's flash ram was pretty kewl :)

All in all i would recommend it to anyone who deals heavily with security issues.

/KRM

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:19:35 -0800 (PST)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And came across a nice mention for Ido's new (well, April, 2003) book:
> "Stealing the network: How to own the box"
>
> A nice writeup...
>
> The book is available at:
>
> http://www.bookpool.com/.x/dkx5hao9h8/sm/1931836876 (43% off the cover
> price)
>
> http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2XHDL7XY31&btob=Y&isbn=1931836876&itm=1
> (20% off the cover price)
>
> and
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931836876/qid=1067923050//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl14/002-7677247-5320822?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
> (30% off the cover price)
>
> Thought this was neat, though I guess we covered this before...
>

> =====
> Lionel
>
> "I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall

"UNIX was not designed to coddle the weak."
				--Fyodor
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/