[geeks] Halloween

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Nov 2 12:43:56 CST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Mike Hebel wrote:

> I'm not a Christian but I do find it annoying that the trend is to go
> from gift giving holiday to gift giving holiday and skip one that makes
> you reflect on how thankful you are for things.

I think the question needs to be asked: "Are people thankful for
anything, or do they just see it as either an entitlement or something
they earned?"  Sure people say how thankful they are when they nearly
avoid tragedy, but I wonder how many people are day-to-day thankful for
just being alive.

Our society needs to slow down for a while, methinks.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire