[geeks] Halloween

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Nov 2 12:24:56 CST 2003

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, William S. wrote:

> Are people still celebrating Halloween in the same
> way as years past? Parents sending their kids from
> house to house for candy and trick-or-treat?

Unfortunately, yes.  I've never participated in Halloween, not even as a
kid.  My mom would make me hand out candy, but it was just never
something I got into.  So, I kept my house dark and ignored the little
brats.

However, wouldn't you know the moment I had to flick on the kitchen
light for something, someone's banging on my door.  Gah.  What a
pointless holiday.  Samhain, I can get into, even if it's not my
religion.  As a Lutheran, Reformation Day means a lot fo me.  But this
Halloween crap is just nonsense.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire