[geeks] Versioning FIlesystem

David A de Gruyl david at bhaermandegruyl.org
Sat May 24 07:37:21 CDT 2003

* on [03-05-24 00:46] vance at neurotica.com wrote:
>On Fri, 23 May 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

>This sounds strange even to me, but would it be possible to store just
>diffs and access them as full files?  It would be slow as hell, but it
>would work, no?  There's gotta be a faster way of doing something similar.

yeah, a records based filesystem.  You could store records of fixed size
with a map of the records to determine which are in what order in a
particular version.

Sound familiar?  I know that VMS uses a record based filesystem, but I
do not know whether the versioning is done using diffs or not.

David

--
David de Gruyl <david at bhaermandegruyl.org>
Princeton(ish), NJ