[geeks] Versioning FIlesystem

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Thu May 22 20:52:12 CDT 2003

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 08:53:37PM -0400, David A de Gruyl wrote:
	[snip]
> I basically came to the same conclusion, as unless it is built into the
> operating system (or if you prefer the operating environment --
> including the shell and utilities) any change will be just a hack.  And
	[snip]

You could check out how cryptfs and pgfs are implemented. IIRC,
cryptfs lies below the VFS layer (kernel) and pgfs above (hangs off
NFS in userspace). I read about it in Linux Journal years
ago... searching there turns up:
but I also found an article in the May 2003 issue regarding
implementing a cryptfs.

You've got all that free time to burn, Dave ;)

- Ross