[geeks] IRIX install thoughts and questions

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Mon May 19 07:29:27 CDT 2003

> From: KRM <>
>
> You can still get 6.5.17m from this site:
>
> http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/sgi/patches/irix/6.5/

Found it and downloaded it. There is also a copy of .18 there, so I have
it downloading as well. The question now is, do you know how to burn
these out to a disk that will make inst happy? My first attempts at a
standard ISO burn on my Windog box give back errors from inst.

> It looks as though it is missing the "2of4" set but according to the
> site admin that was done intentionally as it contains the "feature,
> non-maintinance" stuff.
>
> /KRM

Thanks!

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.