[geeks] Audio CDR

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net
Sun May 18 22:22:12 CDT 2003

> > On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 04:20:58PM -0400, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> > > As far as I can tell, there isn't any difference.
> > apparently the audio ones make better quality audio disks -or is that
> > just marketting speak?
>
> Audio CD-Rs (IIRC) pay a license fee to the music industry, to help
> subsidise them for their loss to pirated music...

There are actually some Audio CD Writer's (i dont know if they still do it
with the newer ones) that only will write to Audio CD's. So they actually
are a bit diffrent. I remember back then when they released the home
stereo audio cd recorder that people figured out hack's on how to use
regular cd-r's instead of the more expensive audio CD's. A friend of mine
had to pop in a Audio CD, then open the door manually and then pop in
a regular cd'r. That's how he tricked his writer for a while.