[geeks] Speaking of SGI machines...

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Tue May 13 09:30:39 CDT 2003

My Octane (R10K 225mhz) has been a recent acquisition
so i haven't been using it for long, but as of late
it's been my main home workstation.  Email clinet, web
surfing, 2D and 3D graphics, OpenOffice obviously,
most normal day to day stuff.  I'm trying to use it
more so that i may become more familiar with IRIX.

When compared to my dual PIII 450 linux box, it does
seem a bit sluggish when it comes to minimizing and
maximizing windows, opening web pages and such but i'm
getting over that.

/KRM