[geeks] Speaking of SGI machines...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 13 17:09:59 CDT 2003

"Eric Gregory" <egregory at www.bmwracing.org> wrote:

> I remember you mentioning that you have a r12k octane...  How much
> faster is the r12k than a r10k?  Just curious as I might be in the
> market for an octane sometime in the next couple months (well, perhaps
> if I sell my O2)...

The difference is night and day.  I mean, the R10k is fast, but when I
upgraded to R12k I was shocked.  It compares very favorably with my
wife's P3-800Mhz laptop (*very* favorably).

But of course, fast enough is never fast enough - I currently lust after
an R14k processor.

--
Kurt             "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
kurt at k-huhn.com   would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."