[geeks] OpenOffice released for Irix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon May 12 08:44:02 CDT 2003

"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> I guess we all have our favorite computers, with regards to noise.  The
> Octane, the AS2100A, and the Sun E450 all have a very calming noise to
> me.  It's not a high-pitched whine or a floor-shaking rumble, but a very
> smoothing roaring hum.  That noise tells me "You're home.  Go forth and
> hack thusly, bringing order to the bits of chaos."

That's true.  My Octane has a very 'white' noise to it, while the PC on the
other side of the desk whines like I'm doing something mean to it.  My
SunBlade at work also whines like that.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."